Accelerate your career with an Australian education.
Australia is one of the greatest places for international students to pursue an education. Australia boasts eight institutions ranked among the top 100 universities around the world and a phenomenal learning environment.
Interested in studying in Australia? Visa Link can assist you in putting together the best possible Australia student visa application package. Our knowledge of Australian immigration procedures places us in an excellent spot to guide you through their complex procedures. Visa Link assists students in choosing the appropriate course and college in Australia to begin their successful career.
Intakes in Australia to Come
Australian universities have two intakes every year:
Intake 1: February/early March to late May/early June.
Intake 2: Lasts from July/early August to November.
The first intake is usually treated as the main intake by most Indian students. The best thing to do is prepare for the next upcoming intake.
Documentation Required for a Student Visa to Australia
When applying for an Australia Student Visa, you will usually need the following basic documents:
- The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment is proof of admission into a college or university.
- A valid passport.
- Your visa application fee.
- Your GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement
- Academic and work experience documents.
- Evidence of financial ability to meet expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, living costs for dependents, and return airfare.
- Details of the OSHC health insurance policy.
- Statement of purpose.
- Passport-size photographs.
You will also be required to provide additional documents like parental consent if you are under 18 years of age.
Study in Australia in 3 Simple Steps!
You have to make sure that you meet all the requirements before you fill out the visa application.
To fulfill the requirements, you would need to:
- Meet Australian study requirements: You have to be enrolled in a full-time course (undergraduate, master’s, or Ph.D.) to be able to apply for a student visa. The course must be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). The university will provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate, which will serve as proof of enrolment.
- Meet Language Requirements: Authorities need to know that you have adequate language abilities. You can demonstrate this by taking a language proficiency test.
- Have the following Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement ready: This will state that your only intention is to study in Australia and that you plan on returning.
- Have adequate health insurance: In the event that something happens to your health in Australia, the authorities need to know that you will be able to pay your own healthcare bills. You usually have to purchase Overseas Student Health Coverage to prove this.
- Meet health requirements: You must be in reasonably good health and have no major illnesses that show up during medical tests.
Meet character requirements: You are only eligible to apply for a study visa if you do not have a criminal or terrorist background. You must have a clean record.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 5.5–6
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 46
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): 42
- Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): 162
- Occupational English Test (OET): A “b” for each test component
Average Tuition Fees and Course Costs for Indian Students
These are the average tuition fees per year for international students, according to the official government site.
- International Undergraduate Students: AUD 15,000 to AUD 33,000
- International Postgraduate Students (Master’s Degree): AUD 20,000 to AUD 37,000
- Doctoral Degree: AUD 14,000 to AUD 37,000
These figures, however, do not include high-value courses like medical degrees or veterinary science. They cost significantly more.
Australian Student Visa Processing Time 2023
Usually, the student visa for Australia is processed within a month; however, the maximum time it could take is 3 months.
However, Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) streamlines the visa processing time.
Processing Time for Student Visa is:
|Stream||75% Processing||90% Processing|
|Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector||20 Days||26 Days|
|Postgraduate Research Sector||39 Days||77 Days|
|Independent ELICOS Sector||23 days||38 days|
|Vocational Education and Training Sector||36 days||52 days|
|Higher Education Sector||17 days||32 days|
Since the SSVF process has been streamlined, the standard time taken is anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks. This also depends on the educational institution, and outstanding documents can always be requested if required and desired by the visa officer.
The higher education provider in Australia will issue the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) that is essential in the Student Visa Program (SVP) procedure. The application is then sent to the Department of Home Affairs.
It is recommended that you apply for the student visa at least 12 weeks before the day of orientation at the school.
Why choose Visa Link?
Visa Link is a visa advisor in Bangladesh. Served 20K+ customers and had over 3K+ active cases.
- Visit Visa: Travel for leisure or business to any part of the world with Kansas.
- Study Visa: Attend Internationally Recognized Universities!
- Work Visa: Work and settle in the World’s Best Cities!
- Immigration: We are your one-stop solution for all your visa and immigration needs.
Permanent Residence: Become a permanent resident and enjoy special benefits.
- Profile Evaluation: We match your unique profile history with visa eligibility requirements and advise you on which visas you must apply for.
- Writing a Resume: We’ll help you make a resume that stands out in the way that the immigration office wants.
- Getting documents: We can help you get the papers you need before you apply for a visa.
- Professional guidance:Be it providing you with interview training, Bengali or English courses, working samples for resumes and cover letters, or assisting with application forms or medical or police clearance certificates, we will always be there for you.
- Dedicated Case-Officer:We offer personal assistance and a single point-of-contact between the company and you, throughout the process.
- Post-Landing Services:We help you settle down in the country after you’ve received your visa. These services are specifically customized as per your requirements.
Don’t wait. Begin your visa application today!