Schooling VISA in Canada
Why should you send your child to Canada to study?
The main benefits of a Canada student visa for minors are that parents can accompany their child and look after them physically; there is a possible immigration route; there are world-class teaching facilities; and so on. Students in Canada can directly enroll in the top-ranked Canadian university after graduating from high school. The student doesn’t need to come back to their home country for a higher level of education, e.g., a bachelor’s degree.
It has always been one of the best choices for international students. Canada is a peaceful, politically stable, and safe country. Canada has an internationally recognized degree and provides excellent health care to international students. It is a multicultural nation and has always welcomed students from around the world, as it believes everyone deserves a good education.
Locate a School in Canada
There are plenty of elementary and secondary high schools in Canada that accept international students. However, Bangladeshi parents mostly prefer Toronto-based schools. Toronto District School Board (TDSB) schools are public, and other well-reputed private schools are also very demanding among international students. Here are the top 15 schools in Toronto where you can send your son or daughter for elementary or secondary high school.
- TDSB—Albert Campbell Collegiate Institute
- TDSB—Central Toronto Academy
- TDSB—Forest Hill Collegiate Institute
- TDSB—Monarch Park Collegiate Institute
- TDSB—Western Technical-Commercial School
- Toronto International College
- Willowdale High School
- Braemar College
- UMC High School
- Upper York Secondary School
- Birmingham International Collegiate of Canada, Toronto
- Blyth Academy
- UT Preparatory Academy
- TDSB—Kipling Collegiate Institute
- TDSB—Silverthorn Collegiate Institute
Procedures for Admission to Canadian Schools
To apply for a Canada schooling visa for your child, first of all you should get him or her admitted to a school. Based on the students’ age, they are either in elementary school or secondary school.
- Elementary School (Kindergarten to Grade 8)
- Secondary School (Grade 9 to Grade 12)
You need to secure admission to the Designated Learning Institute (DLI) based on your child’s age and grade. Once you get admission offer, you may be required to pay one-year full tuition fees in advance (most schools require that).
After paying your child’s tuition fees, you need to wait for the final “Letter of Acceptance” from the school. which will be used to apply for a study permit or visa to Canada. When you get the “Letter of Acceptance” from the school, prepare your visa documents. To get a letter of acceptance, the school may request relevant medical certificates and insurances and custodian declaration forms.
School Visa Requirements in Canada
Everything is in order, but we have yet to process your visa applications. We are providing very basic requirements and checklists. But this is maybe not enough because every individual applicant’s circumstance is different. We strongly recommend that you take help from a qualified or trained student consultancy agency in Bangladesh. They will be able to assist with visa procedures.
Checklists for Schooling Visas from Bangladesh.
- Letter of Acceptance from School
- Proof of tuition payment (bank receipts or receipts from school)
- Valid travel document, e.g., passport
- Student birth certificate
- Student police clearance certificate
- Sponsor declaration (financial affidavit)
- Student visa application forms (which can be found on the IRCC website)
- Custodian Declaration Forms
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Sponsor financial statements (3-6 months minimum)
- Income tax certificate from the sponsor
- A letter explaining why you want to study in Canada. Elementary students don’t have to send this, but it’s recommended.
That is the standard minimum requirement for a student visa to Canada. Parents interested in applying for their children from Bangladesh should provide additional documentation. If you are applying for a Canada study visa from Bangladesh, you should be very careful.
Why choose Visa Link?
Visa Link is a Dhaka-based educational consultancy firm that assists Bangladeshi students with Canada student visas. If you need support with Canadian school admission or visa assistance, contact us. We don’t have any after-visa charges.