Almost 100% Visa Success Rate for Bangladeshi Students
Student Visa USA: All You Need to Know in 2023
Studying in America can be an exciting experience, but it also comes with its own set of challenges. One such challenge is getting your US student visa approved by the US embassy or consulate.
The United States is the most popular destination for international students. It has a long history of welcoming foreign students and offers some of the best universities in the world. The US Student Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows foreign nationals to pursue academic studies, language training programs or other types of vocational or technical training.
The most difficult aspect of obtaining a student visa is the interview process. In this post, we will tell you everything that you need to know about applying for a study visa and provide tips for the interview.
Student Visa USA: All You Need to Know in 2023
There are 3 different types of US Student visas:
The F1 visa is issued to international students for academic studies. It is issued to students attending a regular academic or an English language program.
It is the most common type of student visa in the United States.
- F1 student visa holders are required to maintain their full-time student status and are allowed to work part-time for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
- Students from other countries who have an F1 visa must finish their course before their I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status) expires.
Top 10 Universities in the US (SEVP Approved)
Here is a list of the best universities in the United States
|Rank||Name of the University|
|3||University of California, Berkeley|
|4||Carnegie Mellon University|
|5||New York University|
|6||New York University|
|7||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|9||University of California, Los Angeles|
|10||University of Michigan|
There are three intakes available in United States universities.
This is a popular intake among Bangladeshi students. It starts in the month of September.
This intake starts in January. This intake is ideal if you missed the September intake.
This intake usually starts around May. However, it is available only for limited programs and at a few colleges.
The cost of applying for US student visas
Payment of the SEVIS fee: You need to pay the SEVIS-fee at least 3 days before submitting your US student visa application. You need to pay $350 if you are applying for an F1 or an M1 visa, and $220 for a J1 visa.
- You must ensure that all of your details are exactly as they appear on your I-20 or DS-2020 form when paying the SEVIS fee.
- This payment can be made using a debit or credit card, Western Union Quick Pay, an international money order, or a check. Print your payment confirmation as it may be required later in the process of your US student visa application.
After completing and submitting your online application (DS-160 form), you must pay a $160 application fee.
You can make this payment online, in person at an approved bank, or by phone. Please note that this application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
It is advised to print and record this payment receipt, as it might be required during the interview stage of your US student visa application.
Note: Do not forget to carry your passport, your I-20 form, and all the other documents you carried with you during your US student visa interview. You might need these documents at immigration as well.
No matter what kind of student visa you want, you will have to go through the following steps:
Apply to a SEVP-approved school and obtain an I-20.
An international student needs to be enrolled in a US school before they can apply for a student visa. Your school needs to be accredited by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) of the Government of the United States.
- Accreditation is critical to ensuring that your diploma or degree is recognized by other colleges and universities, professional associations, government institutions and ministries and employers all over the world.
- You will be required to apply to each individual institution or university, as the United States does not have a centralized university application system like many other countries.
- This means you will need to fulfill the admission requirements of each institution, which will include providing proof of funds.
- Only institutions approved by SEVP can accept and enroll international students. Once you have been accepted by an institution, you will be enrolled in the SEVIS system and issued a Form I-20 or a Form DS-2020.
Students who are eligible for an F1 or M1 international student visa are issued a Form I-20, and international students eligible for a J1 student visa are issued a DS-2020.
Here are the eligibility criteria you need to meet to apply to US universities:
- Have a completed application form.
- Proof of secondary school completion (12 years)
- Certificate of English language proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL)
- Evidence of financial support (with the I-20 form)
When you apply for a student visa, you would usually need to include the following documents:
- Requisite application form, duly filled out and signed.
- I-20 showing that you are enrolled in a US university
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the period of stay.
- Recent passport size photographs
- Receipt of payment of visa processing fees
- Confirmation page of DS-160
- Documents to show you are an actual student
- Payment of the application fee for SEVIS
- Documents to show sponsorship
Documents to show availability of funds
After determining which type of US student visa you need to apply for, you can begin your US student visa application.
Why choose Visa Link?
Visa Link is a visa advisor in Bangladesh. Served 20K+ customers and had over 3K+ active cases.
- Profile Evaluation: We match your unique profile history with visa eligibility requirements and advise you on which visas you must apply for.
- Writing a Resume: We’ll help you make a resume that stands out in the way that the immigration office wants.
- Getting documents: We can help you get the papers you need before you apply for a visa.
- Professional guidance:Be it providing you with interview training, Bengali or English courses, working samples for resumes and cover letters, or assisting with application forms or medical or police clearance certificates, we will always be there for you.
- Dedicated Case-Officer:We offer personal assistance and a single point-of-contact between the company and you, throughout the process.
- Post-Landing Services:We help you settle down in the country after you’ve received your visa. These services are specifically customized as per your requirements.
Don’t wait. Begin your visa application today!